CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

So much stuff so little time!

Well it has been a while since we have posted anything on here. Sometimes I wonder if anyone really reads it, Cause I post so little? But here is what has been happening...We found out we are having a boy..Now if you don't know already then you must not be in the circle...hahaha kidding every one should know by now! We are just way to excited to not tell everyone!!! The girls are so excited and so is Marshall! When we had the Ultrasound it seriously was the happiest day in his life. I was so expecting them to say another girl, I didn't want to get my hopes up. But Marshall was absolutely beaming! The Tech was giggling at him cause he seriously was on cloud nine!!! It is so cool to hear him say 'my son' when he talks about him. We have decided on a name. Although Makayla and Ellie think his name should be Conrad Cordouroy, it is going to be Connor James. Man I love the sound of it! But really I don't know what I'm going to do with a boy??? I am going to love the change but this guy will have equipment that can aim!!! What the heck do I do with that? I'm sure it will be fine, just jitters I guess. We are seriously so blessed to be able to add to our family. I'm so looking forward to the next year with a new baby in the house!

Well Marshall and I got pegged to speak in church a couple of Sundays ago..We were told to pick our favorite Hymns. Mine is I know that My Redeemer Lives and Marshall's is A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. I had such a hard time putting this together. But at the last hours it finally came together and I hoped that my message or testimony was delivered as I had it in my mind. I prayed long and hard and kept hitting the delete button several times and not just back spacing but highlighting a paragraph and hitting delete till I felt it was just right. Why is it so hard to express your thoughts and testimony? I probably don't do it often enough! This hymn was hard though. I was trying to find the right doctrine on it. But once it finally fell into place it all flowed. Marshall did great to! He was so nervous. But I love to hear him talk. He is an awesome speaker. I was then called as the Primary Secretary. Our presidency is such a diverse group. Not one of us is alike! But we mesh really well together. I am excited to serve and keep it organized. I really didn't realize how much the secretary has to do. I had this calling before and I guess forgot how much paper work and organizing I had to do. But it is so much fun. Our Primary really only has 10 regulars..very small! So getting kids to do talks and such is hard since they have to do it so often.

Ellie's Bday party finally arrived on Feb 27th. I know I am a horrible mom! It was so close to xmas, and so many things were going on with family members here and parties, and getting ready that I asked her if we could do it after Christmas. I said I promise we will make it really special if you can wait. Of course she did but didn't let me forget it. So we had a Princess party for her. She was so excited. This will be the second princess party, one was Kayla's when she was 3 and then Ellie's. I tried really hard not to copy the ideas from Kayla's but when you have done one Princess party what else can you do? Marshall helped me cut up some card board boxes to make an entrance way that looked like a castle entrance, I painted it and such, and then the kids came in their prince or princess costumes. we had crowns and wands for all. We did a craft that was a princess snowglobe, marshall was dressed up like a king and he acted out or read sleeping beauty and snow white. I heard alot of giggling and marshall's booming voice coming from downstairs so I know it was a hit. I was upstairs cleaning up the crafts and getting lunch on the table for the kids. We ate then busted up a tiara pinata, but Ellie calls it a piata. Then played pin cinderella in her window, passed out treat bags, I had also made suckers in the shape of castles, carriage and a princess for each kid, we sang and ate a tiara bday cake. Ellie said that the piata was her favorite and kayla liked doing the snowglobes. So hopefully all was entertained. She got some cool gifts to. These parties are so much fun!!! I can't wait to get some boy parties to plan now! And it will be in the summer to, so alot of things can be done outside!!! woohooo...

So just a few things that have happened lately. We are all doing good. I've had just a few health concerns during this pregnancy but nothing that can't be controlled or to be alarmed about. The upcoming events is the girls have a dance competition in each of their age groups, dance recital, Kayla will graduate from first grade, I enroll Ellie into Kindergarten (what????), and the most exciting and life changing event for all is Little Connor will join our family in June. Among all the planning and preparing for this little one! Phew...This will be a busy next few months. Hopefully I can get my dumb camera to cooperate and post some pics soon! Hope this gives a bit of an update on us until I can get to the next post.

Oh and did I mention that I'm totally looking forward to blossoming trees, spring tulips, and green grass soon? Spring please hurry up!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so glad you guys are doing well and happy for baby Connor.

M C said...

Hahaaa! That's so funny -I was called as the primary secretary when I was pregnant with my boy too. You truly are following each and every one of my footsteps!! :)

I like the name you've picked out! I am so excited to meet him and it's coming up quick, huh! Time is just flying!

You take good care of yourself, hope you'll continue to feel well!

Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I will have to get you a pee pee tee pee, for those little boy diapers!! Have you seen those? I will tell you that pretty much every time you change Conner's diaper, you or Conner will get wet...But boys are SO much fun!!! They are WAY less drama and SO much more easy to entertain. I can't wait to meet this little man!