CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 20, 2010

Summer Fun!!

So I'm catching you all up on our lives! I haven't blogged in so long and thought I'd better since everyone is growing up so quickly. This summer seemed to have gone by so fast! First Connor was born, and during his first couple weeks we had family here, a blessing, Discovery museum, the zoo, a move, a camping trip, a fair, lots of swimming etc! I don't feel like I really recovered after having Connor. This poor boy doesn't know what it's like to take a good long nap in his bassinet during the day! We have been on the go ever since he came into this world. Today he is actually taking a nap in his bassinet! woo hoo!!! So here are a few pics, okay a lot of pics, of what we have done this summer. There is quite a few and then below that another post of the girls back to school. I hope you all had a great summer and are you ready for the fall!!! I love the fall!! I saw Halloween candy in the store a couple weeks ago and got all excited!!! Love the colors this time of year and the weather is always perfect!



All the brothers and their wives and kids finally together after many many years!!! It was so good to see everyone. I miss the days when we would get together all the time before the military swept them all away!! We miss you all and can't wait till xmas!!!! Our favorite time was hanging out together while the kids played and us adults talked and goofed off! Above we are roasting marshmallows in my in-laws fire pit...Look at the size of that mallow on Ellie's stick!!! Thanks Shelly for the big mallows, they were fun!



I giggled so hard when I saw this pic, notice Jason's face!! Oh my crap you are to funny J!



Playing at the Discovery Gateway Museum. This is such a fun place! And the kids play for hours..Above Ashley, Landon and Megan are playing with the construction tools.



Daddy and Ellie driving the farm truck to the market



Kayla taking the pineapple from the truck and sending it to the store



Baby boy and Daddy hanging at the museum.



Ellie was the driver...I guess that is what the look on Kayla's face is for??



Ashley, Kayla, Landon and Ellie sitting in the back of the Helicopter while Braydon and Megan flew it.



I think the adult boys were having as much fun as the kids. Travis and Jason manning the station and giving directions to the kids in the helicopter.



Kayla and Ellie pilots in training



Ashley and Makayla coming to you live from ksl channel 5!



After the museum we walked down to the fountains and the kids played.






4 generation pic..Big Grandpa Call, Grandpa Call, Daddy and Connor at Hogle Zoo



Best of friends! These two got along so well. This was cute...they were just hanging out waiting for the adults to decide where to go and they just chilled and ate their snack..Ash and Ellie



Ambria on Unca Marshall's shoulders, waiting for the kids on the merry go round. She waved at each on of them as they came around! So cute!



hmmm.....



We watched the bird show at the zoo and it was so cool!!! The girls got a pic with the Eagle afterwards.



Kayla with Grandpa and Mia and Trav on the zoo train.



I really have no clue what this thing is?? Kangaroo?? not sure but whatever it was Kayla thought it was cute.



Kayla, ellie, big G call and G call walking to the next stop at the zoo.



Connor's blessing day July 4. He conked out while everyone partied in the backyard.



On this side of the yard, my bff and her hubby, my sister, mom, aunt, cousins, and calvin and karen.



This side is marshall's family second cousins, aunt and uncle and their kids, grandma, mom and great aunt.



over here we have marshall's mom, brother, sis in laws...I think we got everyone? I tried to take pics really quick and then got busy with the food.



marshall, his bro, stepdad and my grandma..this was all at the blessing afterwards..lots of food and good company.. was a good time



Call Family reunion 2010! We love going to this to see Marshall's dad and step mom..always a good time! Above Grandpa Call and Connor.



This year each family was to make a miniature golf hole. This one Karen and Tyler made. It was pretty cool.



This was another cool golf hole that someone made. It was copied from price is right Plinko game..but this one was called plin-call!! pretty clever!



Marshall and Calvin were really into the mini golf course..It was funny to watch them figure out each one and then hit the ball.



Another golf hole.



and another...



and another...



well they had so much fun and they actually won first and second place!! hmmmm



connor laughing at Grandpa's silly faces...his shirt says team grandpa if you can't see it.



kayla's favorite time was playing with Haley and Mariah..they were coloring here. By the way can you see the tub of cookies in front of Kayla?? Oh those were so stinkin good!!! I couldn't put them down...they have a name that I couldn't for the life of me remember and kept asking karen each time I had one...it was like 'can't get enough of ya' cookies or can't pass em by ya' or 'can't keep your hands off of em'.. oh i don't remember still but they were dang good!



Oh our favorite past time when camping with Grandma and Grandpa Call...Playing games when the kids go to bed...and there is usually a "discussion" on game play between the boys...I just laugh at it and take pics...poor Karen is sitting in the middle of it all! oh good times!!!! I miss you guys!



So the story behind these pics are this....We were all at the pavillion while the kids decided to go on a little walk. There was a path by the camp grounds. I'm with the baby and I see Makayla run to marshall and then I see them both walk back up the path...I see Ellie and Hunter walking out from the path and hunter is holding her hand and helping her walk..Apparently Ellie lost her footing and slid down this hill and was scratched on her bum, thigh and knee. The kids couldn't get her up so kayla ran to get us while hunter stayed with her. Smart thinking on the kids part but I felt bad that she fell and that I didn't hear her scream...So the next day they took me to show me where it happened.





Grandma Call with Connor. His shirt says 'it's all good with grandma' and believe me it was! out of marshall, calvin and karen, she was the only one that could calm him down, besides me. It was kind of a joke because calvin wanted to hold him so bad but he just got fussy with him and karen would hold him and he would just calm down. So we teased him about it but I felt bad. Connor was still colicky and wasn't happy and calvin couldn't hold him much because he would cry.. :(



Family pic on the last day..The weekend went by way to fast!



State Fair time Sept 2010. Carrie, Kayla and Ellie on the tilt a whirl



Ellie, Carrie and Kayla on this para gliding thing..it was fun but I had a heart attack..it didn't look like the kids were buckled in to tight!



Connor sticking out his tongue.



Daddy won these for the girls...many dollars later!! But they haven't slept without them since! \

Well we had a pretty cool summer. Did lots of things, saw lots of people! Now for the next season, Fall!!!

1 comment:

M C said...

Holy Craaaap! That was like the longest post I have eveR seen!! Let's see.. I love the picture of Mallow at the Zoo, do you measure up?! Hmm? Cracks me up!! Too funny! That was such a nice and fun day, funny how the kids never seem to get tired going to a Zoo.
Your family picture with Calvin and Karen is awesome! I love it, you all looks so happy. Looks like you guys had a blast camping. Connor's gotten so big, I am amazed! Miss that little boy so much! Looks so comfy cuddling on Calvin in his little jammies! So sweet! Hope the colik is starting to wear off now! Can't wait to see him soon and how much he really has grown! Thanks for the updates and all the pics! Very fun to read and catch up on your latest! Miss you!!