Well I thought I should update you all...and you all I mean my mother in law...I think you are the only one that looks at this? :)
Connor is now 7 months old! I know I just can't believe it! Where has the time gone? I want my baby to stay this age. He is so much fun. He does his army crawl everywhere, so cute, but look out...yes he is into EVERYTHING! Makayla will be baptized in March. She is so excited. Our niece was baptized on 1/1/11 and since then Kayla has been so excited! She has been reading her scriptures. She is so cute and it makes me so proud when she asks me or her dad questions about the gospel or the scripture she is reading. I feel she fully understands what baptism is all about and why we do it. Gabriella is our firecracker! She is Connor's playmate. They have a special bond and she can get him giggling so hard! She loves school. Ellie follows whatever Kayla does. She wants to do and say everything. I remember my mom telling me when I was younger that my sister wanted to be just like me and I would get mad cause she would copy me. But I can now see it and understand why. We have had quite the rough last few months. My mom was diagnosed with Colon Cancer which spread to her liver. She had surgery and 1/4 of her colon was removed as well as a wedge from her liver. They also removed 21 lymph nodes located by her colon and 11 of them were infected with cancer. She is home and now recovering...They say the cancer is gone but are going to do Chemo as well. Then the same day my mom went in for her surgery we ended up rushing my grandma to the hospital because she wasn't breathing well, running a temp of 103' and very weak. She ended up with pneumonia, bladder infection and heart failure. She is still in the hospital in the rehab center. A week before this Marshall stepped on a needle that broke off in his foot and the ER doc couldn't get it, the Podiatrist couldn't get it out in his office so he had to get it surgically removed! Thousands of dollars later we have a cool souvenir! whew...ya I know...I don't know how our family has survived this! My brother his wife, sister and I have pulled together and have taken care of what needs to be done! My Brother finished my mom's bathroom, which looks amazing...great job Pete!! I know the saying goes that the lord never gives you more than you can handle..I have found that to be so true, I haven't broke down in sobs...however I've been awnry...but I have been able to handle what has been going on pretty well. Marshall has been amazing in helping with the kids. It has been rough with all the running around and mostly, if marshall is working, my kids are tailing behind me when I have to go to the hospital. I don't have a place I can just drop off the kids so I can go check on my Gran. My kids have behaved so well during this to. It really has been a whirlwind and I'm hoping things will settle down soon. Gosh, I started out with wanting to just put a few pics on here and calling that good, but apparently I needed to get all this out! So here is a few pics of the gang....
Comp was acting funny and I lost my patience with loading pics...hang tight I'll try again tomorrow!
Friday, February 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I look at your blog every time you update, so about every 6 months. :) Love ya.
I READ YOUR BLOG!!! So does Shelly. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and Gran! I'm glad they are both recovering though. You are in our prayers.
xoxo
Love your new page.
Post a Comment