We spent the afternoon at the doctor's and hospital yesterday. Ellie broke her arm...and not the arm she hurt a few weeks ago...She was at a birthday party on Saturday at this place called Jumpin Jack's. It is like Kangaroo Zoo but smaller. She was coming down one of the slides and hit the bump and her arms flew out and she lost her balance and when she landed, she landed on her arm and Marshall said it looked like she jammed it. She complained about it but since she had just sprained her other arm and it wasn't swelling up, Marshall thought that it would be okay. Well she fell again that night at a parade and hurt it again. She cried all day on Sunday and Marshall thought that she was just being over dramatic. So she went to Daycare yesterday and they called me and told me that it was swollen and she had been complaining about it. So when she came home I noticed it was more swollen and I gave her motrin. I thought, okay if in the morning it is still swollen I am going to take her in regardless what Marshall thinks. So of course she woke up and it was pretty puffy and hard. So I made an appointment for her. When the doctor looked at it he said I bet it is fractured. So he sent me over to the Hospital to get an x-ray done and it showed a fracture on both of her bones around the wrist. They called it a buckle fracture. So we went back to the Doctor's office where they wrapped her up in a cast. She hates it. This morning she wanted it off. She kept saying "mommy it's time to take this off"! and off was emphasized!! Anyway, I feel so bad of how long we waited. Her arm didn't swell till Monday, I know it is okay now but I feel terrible that she had been in that pain for so long without getting anything done about it. Marshall feels bad to. I called and told him and he was shocked that it was broken. The doctor said that he would have sent us home anyway with just a splint till the arm was done swelling and then they would put the cast on but I still feel bad. So she got a red cast!! her favorite color...Ellie was so good through everything. The only time she cried was when we were waiting..we got to the doc's at 3 and didn't get home till 7:45!!! ya it was a long one!!


2 comments:
Poor baby. She is a little younger than Trav was when he fell off the slide and broke his arm. Makayla looks like she is pretty interested in what is going on.
She doesn't look too terribly traumatized. It is amazing that our children live through all the mistakes we make, right. Tell her aunt Val says to hang in there and keep smiling.
Post a Comment